Lime is a citrus fruit, which comes in different colors; ranging from yellow to green.
Lime can be eaten as a fruit and can also be used in making several dishes.
Oil extracted from lime peel is used as an ingredient in skin and hair care products like toothpastes, beauty soaps, deodorants, hair oils, body oils, disinfectants and mouth washes.
15 Amazing Health Benefits of Lime:
- Lime is used for treating scurvy because it contains vitamin C a high level of Vitamin C.
- Lime is used for treating gum infections.
- The antioxidant property of lime protects the eyes from aging and from eye infections.
- Lime contains anti-inflammatory properties, which helps ease pain and inflammation.
- Lime is used in treating fever, it lowers the body temperate.
- Lime peels can combat aging skin.
- Lime juice prevents the formation of kidney stones.
- Lime helps in reducing cholesterol level.
- Lime contains calcium and folate; two important components good for post-menopausal women and women of child-bearing age.
- Lime juice provides quick hydration and rejuvenation.
- Lime helps to cure fatigue and nausea.
- Peels of lime when inhaled provides relief from congestion.
- Limes prevents the occurrence of cholera.
- Lime juice acts as an effective disinfectant when added to infected water.
- Lime provides protection against heart desires.