Nigerian musician Alexander Ajifolajifaola popularly known as 9ice has just released the remix of “Living Things” one of the standout songs off “ID Cabasa” album.
The remix features additional verses from Davido, they both did an excellent job on this track.
The track was released by 9ice’s Alapomeji Ancestral Records.
9ice won the award for Best Hip Hop Artist at the MTV Africa Music Awards in 2008. At the third edition of the Hip Hop World Awards held in Nigeria, he won the Revelation of the Year award and Best Male Vocal Performer. A month later at the first SoundCity Music Video Awards, he was nominated in the category of Best New Artist. 9ice’s biggest single is titled “Gongo Aso”. He is the founder of Alapomeji Records.
9ice is known for his use of the Yoruba language in his music, and he sometimes mixes Yoruba proverbs with English, broken English, Hausa and Igbo. 9ice compares himself to Youssou N’Dour, who has won a couple of Grammy awards with music recorded in his mother tongue, and Yvonne Chaka-Chaka, whose music has also embraced her language.
9ice has been quoted as saying, “English language has been imposed on us but God graciously gave Yoruba language to us.” He has also won numerous awards in the past
- MOBO Best African Act 2008
- Nigerian Music Awards Best Act 2008
- Nigerian Entertainment Awards Most Indigenous Act 2007
- Nigerian Entertainment Awards Best Act 2008
- Future Awards
- MTV Base Best Hiphop Act 2008
- LTv/Eko Fm Awards
- Hiphop World Awards Best Vocal Performance Male 2008
- Hiphop World Awards Revelation of The Year 2008
- Hiphop World Awards Best Album 2009
- Hiphop World Awards Best Act 2009
- Hiphop World Awards Artiste of the Year – 2009
- Hiphop World Awards Best Song 2009
- Dynamix Awards Most Promising act 2007
- Dynamix Awards Best Song of The Year 2008
- Gbedu Awards 2008
- City People’s Award 2009
Listen and Download below: