It is kind of embarrassing when one goes around with yellowish teeth; it is not fault of theirs though.
Some try as much as not smiling even when they would love to, because the yellowness of their teeth has made them lack confidence. Rather than spending huge sums of money in washing your teeth, visiting the dentist and getting dental products which may or may not work, why not try preparing your own teeth whitener which is very cost effective and efficient.
3 main kitchen ingredients are mixed together and used as the whitener. One of which is Tumeric.
Turmeric is a spice popularly called atale by the Yoruba’s; it can be found in market places in both the raw and powder form. Turmeric is used in solving dental problems such as toothaches and this is due to its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibiotic properties.
Another ingredient is the Baking soda: also known as sodium bicarbonate, it works as a mild abrasive to remove stains from your teeth and it also facilitates plaque removal neutralizing acids which are produced by bacteria.
Lastly is the Coconut oil: which draws out bacteria and treats issues like toothaches, bad breath, tooth sensitivity and gum disease. It also helps in whitening and brightening the teeth.
Other kitchen utensils needed for preparing the natural teeth whitener are:
- A bowl
- A mixing spoon
- Measuring spoons
- A jar for storing the recipe
- Measure 4 tablespoons of dried, organic turmeric root powder into a bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of your already prepared turmeric teeth whitener on your toothbrush.
- Gently use it to brush your teeth about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth with water.
- Do this several times a week for a couple of weeks and watch your teeth sparkle.
- Store your remaining mixture in the refrigerator for as long as you want it.
- Keep a separate toothbrush to use with this natural teeth whitener, because the mixture is likely turn your toothbrush orange.
- When brushing, be careful for the mixture not to stain your lips and face, if it does you can simply apply milk to the affected area for about 5 minutes and then wash it off.