In Nigeria we can often faced with the predicament of eating the same kind of foods every day, for a change surprise your family this lovely Sunday by preparing Coconut Marinated Shrimp with Pineapple Topping as dinner and serve alongside with a plate of rice.
Below are ingredients and steps on how to make the Coconut Marinated Shrimp with Pineapple Topping.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) can of crushed pineapple in its own juice, drained well
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped very fine
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- Use a shallow bowl that can be covered tightly and place the coconut milk into the bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon lime juice and the soy sauce.
- Stir to combine ingredients.
- Add the brown sugar substitute and stir well until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat evenly.
- Add the pepper and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, or can be left to marinate overnight if you prefer.
- Place the drained pineapple in a mixing bowl.
- Add both types of peppers and stir together.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lime juice and stir well.
- Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade.
- Place 5 shrimp on a water soaked bamboo skewer continue until all the shrimp are used.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Place the skewers on the heated grill.
- Grill for 4 minutes then turn.
- Continue grilling an additional 3 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from the skewers and place on a large platter.
- Cover with the salsa before serving.
Your Coconut Marinated Shrimp with Pineapple Topping is ready for consumption; you can serve alongside with a plate of rice and a glass of fresh juice.
Nutritional Information (Approximate Values):
329 calories, 22 g protein, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber and 406 mg sodium per 5 shrimp and 1/2 cup salsa serving.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. Therefore, the links here might be affiliate links and sales from them may earn a small commission for us – at no extra cost to you. Since we only recommend stuff we have faith in, you’re in good hands.