Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
The beginning of December may be the start of literal advent, but it’s also the advent of the party season. From December through to the New Year, you’ll be snowed under the weight of all the invitations that flow your way as friends, family, and colleagues unite to celebrate the festive season. It truly is the most wonderful time of year.
If you’re determined to ensure that you spend much of this period enjoying the festive fun, then you’re going to want to look and feel fabulous while you do it. Below are four ideas, strategies, and tips that can ensure this party season is one you will never forget. There’s a little something for everyone below, so why not dive in and see which idea appeals to you…
#1 – Go For It With Glitter
If there’s one time of year anyone can get away with dousing themselves in glitter, then it’s the festive period. Some people say that glitter should be reserved for those under the age of 25; and the people writing this article say that you should go ahead and ignore them. Age shouldn’t be a barrier to wanting to sparkle all the way through to the New Year.
There are a variety of different ways you can incorporate glitter into your festive party ensembles. The first is the most obvious; buy glitter outfits, dresses that shimmer in the light, dancing prisms of color surrounding you. If you want to go a little more understated, then glittery makeup can look absolutely stunning. For example:
You could even go all out and opt for glitter lips if you’re feeling daring:
#2 – Find The Perfect Party Dress (Then Wear It Multiple Ways)
You’ve got a lot of parties to go to, and you want to ensure that you look stunning at each and every one– but your budget is restricted. Can you make a single dress morph into multiple different outfits?
Of course you can.
Step One: Look for one dress that you absolutely love, that suits you, that flatters your figure perfectly. This is going to be your biggest expenditure of the season, so it has to be perfect. It’s always worth hunting for bargains from well-known names; if you’re willing to spend some time bargain hunting, you can usually find New York Dress deals and discount codes for various other great designers. This is the one dress that will be the basis for your party look this season, so it’s worth putting the effort in to finding a garment that you truly love.
Step Two: When you have your dress, spend some time thinking about all the different ways you’re going to be able to wear it. You have so many options to choose from. You could add brooches; pair a dress with a skirt for a look that is unique to your wardrobe, or select one of the many other options that can allow you to style the same simple dress in a variety of different ways.
Step Three: Accessories are everything when it comes to making each outfit look unique, even if they involve the same component parts. Play with costume jewelry, hats, and wraps to achieve a different look every time.
- You can also wear the dress by itself with a pair of gorgeous heels for events where you want to keep things simple.
- If you really want to shake things up, buy a light-colored dress and then dye it to create an entirely new look.
#3 – Deep Condition Your Hair
However you wear your hair, you’re definitely going to want to take this advice: deep condition your hair at least once per week during the festive season.
Why is this so important? There are multiple reasons:
- Your hair is your crowning glory, so if you want to complete the perfect outfit, you’re going to have to be sure that your hair is on point.
- The air around us is drier in winter than at any other time of the year. As a result, your hair may be more fragile as it suffers from the lack of humidity. By using a deep conditioning treatment on a weekly basis, you can restore some of the shine and luster that winter has stripped from it.
- Well-conditioned hair is easier to manage. If you’re planning to style your hair for an event, then you’re going to want every strand to be easy to manipulate and control; conditioning can help you achieve this.
- Deep conditioning just outright makes your hair look better. You will have of a natural shine, increased bounce, and the texture will be soft and strokable.
Now that you’re on board with the importance of deep conditioning, all that’s left is to get down to it. If you’re on a budget and don’t want to spend on expensive salon treatments, then follow this step-by-step guide.
You Will Need:
- A shower cap
- Castor oil
- Coconut oil
- A bowl
- Sea salt
- Your normal shampoo
- Place ½ cup of coconut oil into the bowl; you will need to use more if you have longer hair.
- Add two tablespoons of castor oil for every ½ cup of coconut oil
- Stir until the two oils have blended together. You can try heating the oils in a double boiler if you’re in a rush; just be sure you allow time for them to cool before applying to your hair.
- Apply the oil mix to your hair, from root to tip, and massage into your scalp.
- Put the shower cap on to help keep the mixture warm and prevent too many drips.
- Leave for at least half an hour, but the longer you leave it, the better the result will be.
- Add a teaspoon of sea salt to your normal shampoo
- Wash your hair; the sea salt has a mild abrasive nature that will help remove any remnants of oil for your hair.
The result? Gorgeous, well-conditioned locks that will behave exactly as you tell them to! To further enhance your hair and capitalize on the weekly deep conditioning, use a homemade leave in conditioner each time you wash your hair– you’ll be sure of gorgeous locks throughout the party season!
#4 – Be Sensible With Your Shoes
Admittedly, the word “sensible” isn’t exactly fun when paired with “shoes”; there’s nothing quite like a gorgeous pair of high heels to put a smile on your face, is there?
However, let’s be realistic; there’s nothing fun about blisters, sore feet, aching calves, and a burning feeling in the balls of your foot. These, and other maladies, are all far too likely a side effect of your beloved heels. They might complete your look, but the overall image will be damaged when you’re wincing in pain by the end of the night.
Ideally, you should look to wear shoes that have a heel of no more than 3”. However, we’re realists, so if you want to wear huge heels, then here are a few ways to feel more comfortable, and keep your smile in place all night long:
- Ensure that your shoes fit correctly; ill-fitting shoes will cause blisters and pain in no time at all.
- Use silicone gel insoles and pads on the balls of your feet to provide an extra layer of protection.
- Take a pair of canvas flats in your handbag. If needed, you can switch into these flats at the end of the night and give your feet a chance to rest!
Hopefully, the above ideas will help to ensure you have a fabulous festive season where you’re looking and feeling your best– enjoy!
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. Therefore, the links here might be affiliate links and sales from them may earn a small commission for us – at no extra cost to you. Since we only recommend stuff we have faith in, you’re in good hands.