Forbes 2016 list of highest paid comedians is filled with little and medium delights. Not only is 37-year-old Kevin Hart the highest paid comedian of 2016 (earning $87.5 million a year) but he also managed to dethrone Jerry Seinfield (by a landslide) from his spot of 10 years.
Amy Schumer is number 4 on the list (earning $17million a year) and the first female comedian to ever make a crack at the list – a win for female entertainers.
Forbes credited Hart’s win to his numerous tours and highly successful shows.
“He tours like no other comedian. In the 12-month period, Hart played over 100 shows with an average gross of over $1 million at each stop. And these shows aren’t at dingy comedy clubs; Hart played stadiums and arenas, including Madison Square Garden and the Staples Center. Because the stand-up comedian’s set requires little more than a stool, water bottle and microphone, he takes home a larger cut of that gross than most rock stars would”
Below is the list of the highest earning comedians of 2016
1. Kevin Hart: $87.5million (£67.3 million)
2. Jerry Seinfeld: $43.5million (£22.5 million)
3. Terry Fator: $21million (£16.15million)
4. Amy Schumer: $17million (£13.1million)
5. Jeff Dunham: $13.5million (£10.4million)
6. Dave Chappelle: $13million (£10million)
7. Jim Gaffigan: $12.5million (£9.6million)
8. Gabriel Iglesias: $9.5million (£7.3million)
9. Russell Peters: $9million (£6.9 million)
10. John Bishop: $7million (£5.4 million)