Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
Product: Hamilton Beach 49980A Single Serve Coffee Maker
Reviewer: TL Perrault
Most of us wake up groggy, and tired. What is one of the first things we coffee drinkers do in the morning? Well, we grab a cup of coffee half asleep. If you are anything like me, you like your coffee already made when you finally decide to wake up.
Which coffee drinker are you?
There are two types of coffee drinkers. Some people, like my husband have multiple cups of coffee per day. Others like myself, only need one morning cup with my newspaper or morning article.
The coffee pot most people have is the original 12 cup coffee pot. You pour water in the back, put the grounds in the holder with some sort of filter, and turn it on, viola just a few minutes later you have yourself 12 cups of coffee waiting to be drank.
Well If you’re family is anything like mine, the Hamilton Beach 49980A Single Serve and Full Pot Brewer is the perfect addition to your kitchen.
By the way, if you to find out if you should be drinking coffee while pregnant, find out – is it safe to drink coffee while pregnant?
Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker Features
- Brews two ways – A full pot for the all day drinkers, or 1 cup for a wake up start like myself.
- Two water tanks. You can make a single serve cup, and a full pot at the same time, or just one at a time.
- Single serve side, comes with a mesh basket. Meaning you can scoop some coffee into your mesh basket, and watch as your cup fills with coffee. It is also compatible with coffee pods.
- Adjustable drip tray on single serve side. Fits any cup size – Just place the drip tray where you need it according to your cup size, and viola you are back in action!
- Brew strength selector. This is awesome for people that have different preferences on how light or strong they like their coffee.
- Programmable. Set a timer on both sides – single serve and coffee pot
- Automatic shut off. After two hours, this coffee pot turns off for you in case you forget – Saving you time and money! Wow.
What’s in the Box?
- A Hamilton Beach 49980A coffee maker
- An instruction manual
- A twelve cup glass carafe
- A mesh filter
- A standard 12 month warranty.
- Extended warranty of three years more can be purchased for a small fee
- The option to choose between a full pot and a single serve
- The coffee pod compatibility
- An affordable price for just $60 on Amazon
- Very easy to use
- Great tasting coffee of your choice, with the option to strengthen or weaken your brew.
- Not compatible with Keurig K Cups. Only compatible with Senseo pods
Tips to get the most out of your Hamilton Beach machine
- DO NOT overfill the coffee filter, as this will only cause leakage, and the flavour will not extract properly. If you want a bolder taste use the bold setting.
- Clean regularly
- Use good quality coffee like Folgers, and Tim Hortons brew.
- Use a denser grind for the bold setting
Why Buy this Product?
The Hamilton Beach 49908A coffee maker is perfect for people on the go with the single serve option. Or when entertaining guests with the big pot.
Imagine you are hosting a party, there will likely be some coffee drinkers. Use the full pot advantage to brew a medium strength pot, with the ‘brew strength selector’ option and every one becomes happy.
If you have that one guest who only drinks decaf, then the single serve option fits perfectly for them. You will be the best host with the best coffee maker for years to come.
Why this Product would NOT Suit you?
If you are someone who only makes single serve coffees, then there may be other viable options for you. If you live alone, and don’t have much company, than there are other pots out there that may suit your needs better.
Honestly, this pot is always good to have anyways. You never know who will come knocking on your door. Or what can happen in the future.
Overall, the Hamilton Beach 49908A coffee maker is a very affordable great option to have in your home. Plus it looks designer official. Not bulky, to take up space in the corner of your kitchen.
Written by TL Perreault