If you look back at the end of your day and wonder where the day went or what you have achieved, then you need a To Do list. This is a simple list of tasks for the day, preferably in order of priority. To make sure that you are not just writing random stuff that you’ll forget about as soon as you’re done writing them, here are a few tips on writing an effective To-Do list:
- Think through what you want to do in a day
- Write down your tasks in order of priority
- Keep your expectations realistic
- Try to keep your tasks to no more than 10
- Tick or cross out tasks as you do them.
Note: It’s best to write your To-Do list the night before, just before bed.
Form a habit of doing this and you will discover how much you can do in a day plus you will not spend your entire day on tasks that really don’t matter in the large scheme of things.
Do you have a favourite productivity tip? Share with us and we’ll post it here and mention your name too.