Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
Bad breath is also known as Halitosis or Mouth Odor.
It is embarrassing for one to have bad breath and often times it takes a toll on such a person’s confidence. The worst is when they don’t know they have bad breaths.
Bad breath is caused by eating odorous foods, smoking, dry mouth, medical conditions, gum disease, and sinus conditions, but the primary cause of bad breath is the bacteria that builds up on the back of your tongue or between your teeth.
If you have bad breath or know someone who does, it is not the end of the world for you or such a person because like for every problem there is a solution.
It is advised that does who have bad breath should do the following:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Floss your teeth daily
- Use a good mouthwash after every meal
- Clean your tongue thoroughly when brushing
- Avoid smoking
- Drink plenty of water
- Always have a chewing gum with you, preferably a mint chewing gum
- Avoid spicy foods, garlic and onions
- Visit your dentist regular basis and get regular dental checkup
In addition to the list above, there are also Natural remedies which can be used in treating bad breath.
- Lemon: simply add 1 tablespoon of lemon into a cup of water and use it to rinse your mouth. Lemon contains acid, which prevents bacteria in the mouth, also the strong pleasant smell helps mask the bad odor.
- Apple cider vinegar: add 1 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar into a glass of water and drink it before and after meals. Apple cider vinegar is a good remedy for bad breath due to its pH balancing effects.
- Baking soda: which is also known as bicarbonate of soda, is also used for getting rid of and preventing bad breath. Baking soda can also be used to brush the teeth to prevent bacteria from building up on your tongue and mouth.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. Therefore, the links here might be affiliate links and sales from them may earn a small commission for us – at no extra cost to you. Since we only recommend stuff we have faith in, you’re in good hands.