Cashew nuts are good for the body because they contain minerals such as Magnesium ( vital for healthy bones), copper (which is important for proper functioning of organs in the body and for metabolic processes), zinc, magnesium and phosphorous.
Cashews help fight against several diseases in the body. Below are some of the health benefits of cashew;
- Cashew nuts prevents cancer: cashews contain proanthocyanidins, a class of flavanols. Proanthocyanidins starve these tumors and stops the cancer cells from dividing in the body.
- Cashew nuts prevents heart diseases.
- Cashew like all nuts, reduces the risk of having gallstones. And according a research conducted by the Nurses Health Study; data collected from 80,718 women who ate at least an ounce of cashew nuts every week, have a 25% chance of developing gallstones.
- Cashew nuts are excellent for the skin; this is because the copper content found in cashew contains an enzyme called tyrosinase which is then converted to melanin. Melanin is not only good for the skin but for the hair as well.
- The magnesium content found in cashews are good for the nerves, the blood vessels and the muscles.
- Copper found in cashews reduces blood pressure and also prevents heart attacks.
- Cashew nuts lowers the risk of diabetes
Cashew nuts can be taken from time to time, but also remember too much of everything is bad. So watch how often you consume it.
When next you are eating cashew nuts casually, have in mind that you are eating nuts filled with so many health benefits.