Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
If you’re driving in Lagos, today is Horn Free Day. This is an objective of the Lagos State Government. Basically you are supposed to avoid tooting your horn throughout the day.
A Day Without Horn In Lagos – 15th October 2014
- To reduce noise pollution on our roads.
- To cultivate respect for other road users.
- To maintain and encourage road discipline.
- To improve road use courtesy.
- To avoid the indiscriminate use of horn.
- To be a defensive driver.
- To develop better road-user friendly (BRF) Lagosians.
What To Do
- Avoid the use of horn.
- Avoid the use of siren.
- Be patient, tolerant,courteous and road-user friendly (BRF).
- Obey Traffic rules and regulations.
If you have ever been stuck in traffic on your way home after a really hectic day, then you know how jarring the horn blaring can be. It would be interesting to see how this goes and whether people will actually observe it. Do let us know your thoughts especially if you live in Lagos.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. Therefore, the links here might be affiliate links and sales from them may earn a small commission for us – at no extra cost to you. Since we only recommend stuff we have faith in, you’re in good hands.