The joy of every parent is to see their kids excel in their academics and all areas of life. I believe no parent would be happy when their children fail or perform poorly in school want to send their child to school.
It is therefore the duty of every parent to ensure their kids or wards do well in school, several times due to the busy work schedule of parents there is little or no time to go through what their children studied in school, thereby leaving them at the mercy of domestic helps, relatives as the case may be.
Below are few ways you can help your child as a parent succeed in his or her academics:
- Take time out from your busy schedule to check their home works and what the studied in school.
- Have lesson tutors for them.
- Pay attention to your child, this will help you know if they are okay or not or if they are going through some problems in and out of school.
- If you notice a decline, you can go to the school to talk to the teacher
- Make learning fun for them
- Create a timetable for them at home; this would help them plan their time well for study and other activities.
- Make them know the importance of learning.
- Give rewards when necessary.
- Limit the time they spend watching TV.
- If and when they get tired of learning, do not force them to continue. Remember “all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”.
You want your child to have good grades in school…. Make him learn.