- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 1 cup honey
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 1 cup lime juice
- Place ginger, honey and water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Allow the mixture to boil for about 2 minutes or until a syrup begins to form.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the liquid to set at least 5 minutes.
- The longer the mixture sets the stronger the ginger is.
- Place the lime juice in a pitcher.
- Add the ginger mixture to the juice.
- Stir to blend the flavors together.
- Pour the sparkling water into the pitcher and stir gently.
- Serve over ice.
Nutritional Information (Approximate Values):
279 calories, 0 g protein, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 77 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber and 5 mg sodium per 1 cup serving.
Sparkling Honey Limeade can be consumed alongside your meal, rather than soft drinks or already processed drinks. It is easy to prepare and also cost effective.