[media-credit id=1 align=”aligncenter” width=”620″][/media-credit]Let’s face it, we’re all guilty of procrastination. Each of us have put forward things we know we should have done or we should be doing. And whether we know it or not, it’s costing us. Procrastination affects every part of our lives from our finances, career, business, health and relationship. This article will highlight the dangers of procrastination and share some tips on how to overcome it.
Dangers of Procrastination
Work: Ever called in sick to work because you did not feel like working that day? Or have you put off a task you were supposed to deliver? Many people have lost their jobs because of procrastination and if you are your own boss, things will pile up leading to stress, poor performance, and failure.
Health: Nigerians have a way of noticing a decline in their health and then doing nothing about it. This is probably because most of us pay out of pocket for health expenses and we prefer to hold on until we absolutely have to before we spend money on our health. But ignoring negative changes in health can lead to future complications. It’s best to arrest whatever is wrong from the onset.
Relationships: This is perhaps the part of our life which suffers the most from procrastination. We keep leaving it to later to spend quality time with our loved ones which could strain the relationship. We should not allow procrastination to stop us from spending time with our family and those who are special to us.
[media-credit id=1 align=”aligncenter” width=”622″][/media-credit]
How to Overcome Procrastination
There are a few steps to take in order to overcome procrastination.
- Have a To-do list
- Deal with the cause of procrastination: As you start to tackle items on your list, pay attention to when thoughts of procrastination start to creep into your mind.
- Eliminate distractions: Get rid of things that take your attention away from work, this will help you concentrate and function better.
- Focus on starting than finishing.
- Have a breakdown of projects: Handling big projects can be overwhelming and when you look at the sheer amount of work involved you may feel intimated. Take individual items on your list and break them down into a series of steps.
- Don’t place too much pressure on yourself: putting so much pressure on yourself can cause you to procrastinate, take out time to relax.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. Therefore, the links here might be affiliate links and sales from them may earn a small commission for us – at no extra cost to you. Since we only recommend stuff we have faith in, you’re in good hands.