Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
The world of makeup is a world that evolves at every given point in time. From applying just white powder and lip gloss, we have proceeded to applying different shades of lipsticks, foundation, mascara and so on. The new trend is Contour.
Have you noticed that some Nigeria girls now have pointed nose just like the whites? well this is due to the new makeup technique in town called Contour.
Contouring your face brings out the beautiful frame of your face and it defines your features. When contouring, ensure all your products are either cream or powder; don’t mix the two.You need the following to achieve a perfect contoured look:
- A lighter shade of foundation
- A dark shade of foundation
- Makeup brushes
- Use your foundation brush to apply a light layer of your normal foundation on your face
- Apply concealer and focus on under-eye circles and any blemishes.
- Apply the lighter shade of foundation at the center of your forehead, along the top of your brow lines, the bridge of your nose, on the apples of your cheeks (to be able to find them, smile), on your cupid’s bow (the cupid’s bow is the section between the tip of your nose and the top of your lip), and at the center of your chin.
- Apply a darker shade of foundation right below your hairline at the top of your forehead, on the right and left sides of your forehead, near your hairline on either side, along the right and left sides of your nose, in the hollows of your cheeks (suck your cheeks in, to find them), along your jaw line on both sides and from your ears to the tip of your chin
- Make sure you blend the makeup well, so there are no sharp divisions between the lighter and darker foundation.
- You are done with your contour, you can now apply your lipstick and eye shadow to have a glam look.
Contouring is the new Photoshop. See you next Saturday, for more makeup tips.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. Therefore, the links here might be affiliate links and sales from them may earn a small commission for us – at no extra cost to you. Since we only recommend stuff we have faith in, you’re in good hands.