Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
Man cuts off his Manhood in Kwara State
Wahab Sa’adu, a 35-year-old male fashion designer had his penis cut off with a razor blade in a bush close to his house in Alapa, Asa Local Government Area of Kwara State on Monday January 26, 2015.
He was immediately rushed to a private clinic in the area for quick first aid treatment before he was later transferred to another private hospital at Tanke, Ilorin, the state capital.
Speaking in excruciating pains from the hospital bed, the victim said, “Prior to the incident, I had a dream in which three unidentified women appeared to me and ordered that I drink battery acid, which I did the following morning without the knowledge of anyone.”
Three days after, I had another dream where the same women ordered me to wake up and cut off my penis. It was after cutting it off that I regained consciousness. So I rushed home for immediate remedy.
For more on this news, visit Lailasblog.com
We won’t shut down schools for polls –FG
On Monday the Federal Government met with Commissioners for Education from the 36 states, including the F.C.T. Education Secretary where they all agreed that schools should not be shut down for the coming general elections.
Presiding over the meeting ,the Minister of Education Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, said state governments would be mobilised to provide adequate security for boarding institutions marked as polling units for the elections. He also advised that “nobody should anticipate violence or crisis during the elections as elections had been conducted in the past while schools were in session.”
Shekarau said, “The Federal Ministry of Education and managements of NUC, NBTE, NCCE and all other stakeholders in education, after due consultations and deliberations in respect of whether or not schools and all institutions should be closed for the period of the election, hereby resolved as follows:
“That all schools and institutions should remain in session while the elections take place over the weekends as stipulated by the INEC timetable”.
Those in attendance at the meeting included stakeholders in the education sector drawn from the National Universities Commission, the National Board for Technical Education and the National Commission for Colleges of Education.
For more on this news, visit Punchng.com
Four Nigerian banks among top 500 globally
A new report by the United Kingdom-based magazine owned by the Financial Times, The Banker,and Brand Finance in London has listed First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Zenith Bank Plc, Guaranty Trust Bank and Access Bank Plc among the top 500 banks in the world.
The report also ranked First Bank of Nigeria as the number one banking brand in the country for the fourth consecutive time.
According to a statement by Mr. Kunle Ogedengbe, the Country Representative of the magazine in Nigeria, First Bank moves from being number 382 in 2014 to 336 this year, Zenith Bank moved from 453 in 2014 to 388th position; Guaranty Trust Bank from 422 to 417; and Access Bank made its first entry into the ranking.
According to the Economics Editor of the magazine, Silvia Pavoni, the brand value of First Bank has increased to $300m this year from $228 in 2014 and it is “the licensing rate that a third-party would need to pay to use that company’s brand.”
For more of this news, visit Punchng.com
17 Killed in Auto Crash in Yobe
Seventeen people were killed in a road accident in Dogon-Kukah village of Damagum Local Government Area of Yobe State on Monday.
Mallam Isa Yusuf, Head of the Accident and Emergency Unit of the Damagum General Hospital, told journalists that 17 corpses were brought to the hospital and 50 others are currently receiving treatment at the hospital.
An eye witness Mallam Isa Yahaya, told journalists that the accident was as a result of head on collusion involving a luxurious bus and a trailer coming from opposite direction, he said one of the front tyres of the luxurious bus exploded as it ran into the upcoming trailer as both vehicles collided leading to the death of 17 people.
The corpses of the 17 people had been deposited at the Damagum General Hospital.
For more on this news, visit Thisdaylive
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. Therefore, the links here might be affiliate links and sales from them may earn a small commission for us – at no extra cost to you. Since we only recommend stuff we have faith in, you’re in good hands.