Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
Ginger is a spice used in cooking, but do you know that ginger effective for treating several ailments. Long before now, ginger was used as a herbal medicine because it helped eliminate intestinal gases and also because it helps in relaxing and smoothing digestion.
Scientist have proven that ginger contains some antioxidant properties as well as anti inflammatory properties which inhibits several gastrointestinal illnesses, an example is flu.
Health Benefits of Ginger
- Ginger reduces the symptoms associated with motion sickness such as dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and cold sweating.
- Ginger’s anti-vomiting action is useful in reducing nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.
- Ginger contains very potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols, which helps reduce pains in the joints; it is very effective for people with bone problems such as arthritis.
- Ginger protects one against colon cancer.
- Ginger induces causes ovarian cancer cells to die; therefore it is effective against ovarian cancer.
- Ginger helps in boosting the immune system.
- Ginger relives one of cold and flu, because it promotes healthy sweating which is helpful during cold.
- Ginger helps improve appetite during appetite loss.
- Ginger helps soothe stomach ache and cramps.
- Ginger reduces the amount of gas released by the body.
Ginger can be used either fresh, dried, powdered or as a juice
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. Therefore, the links here might be affiliate links and sales from them may earn a small commission for us – at no extra cost to you. Since we only recommend stuff we have faith in, you’re in good hands.