Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
We have been told repeatedly by health professionals that eating fruits daily will have wondrous effects on our skin and body – glowing skin, strong, healthy body. Not all fruits have the same benefits. It is definitely handy to know the benefits of each fruit so you know what fruit to reach for when you encounter a minor health hurdle.
The fruit of the month is banana. Banana is incredibly popular, sweet and easy to come by. If the taste of the fruit won’t persuade you, the numerous health benefits of banana should. Here are a couple of reasons why banana should be a part of your diet
Banana: the healthy snack
If you have a bit of a sweet tooth – always reaching for cake, cookies or chocolate in between meals, you should try replacing sweet pastry with banana. It’s not nearly as sweet but it is healthy and less fattening.
Banana and your blood
- Banana is rich in iron and as a result, protects against and could help relieve anemia (red blood cell deficiency)
- Banana has been given a health nod by the FDA (Food and Drug Association) as one of the foods that lowers blood pressure and protects against heart attacks and stroke.
- It contains resistant starch and pectin which helps in moderating levels of blood sugar. The greener the banana, the higher the concentration of resistant starch.
Banana and your stomach
- It provides temporary relief to stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach.
- Eating banana in between meals will ensure you don’t get hungry too soon as it helps slow the emptying of the stomach.
- Banana can provide relief when you have running stomach. It relaxes the digestive tract and will restore the electrolytes your body lost during the constant emptying of your bowels.
Banana the happy pill
Banana can help elevate your mood by increasing the production of serotonin in your body. Unhappy or depressed people are said to have low levels of serotonin.
Image source: Pixabay
Banana also serves as an energy booster and could be eaten by those about to do some serious work out.
There you have it, Banana the magic pill. Eat banana before your meal, with your meal (e.g rice), after your meal, you can even drink banana – banana smoothie.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. Therefore, the links here might be affiliate links and sales from them may earn a small commission for us – at no extra cost to you. Since we only recommend stuff we have faith in, you’re in good hands.