Do you want to keep fit and have no time to hit the gym? Maybe you have to leave the house by 7 AM to get to work early or you are a mother with kids who has to drop them at school by 7:30, there are some simple at-home exercises you could do that would take about 10 minutes of your time and leave you fit and strong all day long.
Here are few simple exercises:
This exercise is a full body activity that trains the legs, thighs and buttocks. It does not take time and is beneficial to the body. There are various kinds of ways to do squats. To squat without lifting weights:
- Stand straight with your feet apart
- Stretch your hands in front of you and crouch. Ensure that your back is straight and your head up. Do not crouch so much that your butt touches your calf.
- Stand straight, and repeat process.
If you have dumbbells or two heavy objects, place one in each hand. With your arms outstretched or facing downwards, crouch. (This is a good place to get dumbbells at a good price).
Squatting with weight burns more calories and makes you look really good for your husband or partner.
Jogging is a great way to burn calories and increase cardiovascular strength. You can jog around your neighbourhood during the weekends, but on those busy weekdays, simply jog on a spot for at least three minutes.
For this exercise you need two equal height armchairs. Place the chairs side by side with enough space in the middle for you to fit. Place your forearms on the arms of both chairs then raise your legs from the floor in an up and down motion. That is, with your one forearm resting on each chair, raise your legs from the floor and lift your weight upward. Go up and down as many times as you can. Ensure that your legs do not touch the floor and be careful so you do not slip or fall.
These are designed to strengthen the abdominal muscles. It is a pretty common exercise that requires no equipment.
- Cross your hands on your chest so that your left palm touches your right shoulder and your right hand touches your left shoulder or place your hands beneath your head.
- With your knees bent and feet firmly on the ground, inhale and raise your upper body. If possible, let your forehead touch your knee.
- Maintain position for a second or more, row down and exhale.
These exercises are easy to do and you could do all in about 10 minutes. As much as you can, try to get into gear before working out. Wearing the right sports clothes not only helps with protection but also also gets you in the mood to work out.
[media-credit id=1 align=”alignnone” width=”640″][/media-credit]