Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
To be Proactive means to get things done, Proactive people do not let disappointments and its likes dismay them from achieving what they have set out to do.
In business and life generally we need to be Proactive in order to be Productive, because we need to forge ahead no matter the circumstances and situations that may come our way.
That is why Barack Obama, the President of the United States said “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.”
This is why Stephen Covey says that proactivity is the most basic habit we must develop to be efficient and productive.
When one is Proactive, he or she does not need to be pushed to get work done, he ensures work is done and submitted before the deadline.
How does a Proactive person ensure Productivity?
- A Proactive person plans ahead of time against disasters.
- A Proactive person maximizes his or her time properly.
- A Proactive person provides solutions.
- A Proactive person foresees obstacles and prevents them from happening.
- A Proactive person initiates ideas and looks for ways to move the company forward.
When sourcing for people to hire , look out for those who are proactive and not reactive, in order for your organization to be productive and grow.