Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
February 4 is World Cancer Day and the theme of this year’s day is ‘Not beyond us’. It takes a positive approach to the fight against cancer. This is celebrating all women who have conquered cancer and are survivors.
Cancer occurs when there’s an uncontrolled growth of cells in the body and this can occur anywhere there’s growth occurring in the body. It is important to note that many cancers do not show any sign or symptom at the early stages and only do so when there’s spread. However there are some signs that women should not ignore.
- Breast changes: it could be a lump, sore, unusual nipple discharge or bloody nipple discharge, change in colour of skin of breast, inverted nipples.
- Bleeding during sexual intercourse or in-between menstrual period. Also severe post sex bleeding or severe pain. These could be symptoms of cervical cancer.
- Any changes in size, shape or colour of a spot or mole on the skin.
- Sustained fever for a long period of time that doesn’t go away with treatment of other possible causes.
- Persistent pain in the body
- Persistent headache
- Unexplained weight loss
- Persistent tiredness, nausea and vomiting