[media-credit id=1 align=”aligncenter” width=”640″][/media-credit]
Last week, we looked at the importance of a healthy diet. Today we will focus on living healthy by staying active. It is recommended that individuals should have at least 10 minutes of exercise daily. Exercise is good for your body.
What are the benefits of exercise?
- It helps protect the heart against stroke and cardiac diseases
- It helps with weight control
- It helps protect against diabetes
- It helps improve mood and mental health
How to increase your physical activity levels
- Chose exercises that you enjoy and do them regularly e.g. I love dancing, so aerobics and zumba will be a good choice for me
- Include it in your daily routine; take a walk early in the morning, don’t park your car too close to the office building, walk the remaining distance; walk around the office on purpose, don’t sit on one spot for the whole day.
- Have a mix of exercises; walking, swimming, jogging, dancing and make it fun
- Have a partner: if it’s possible, look for someone you would be accountable to. A person who can encourage you when you want to quit and remind you of the need to stay active.
- For someone like me, who needs a lot of push to stay active, joining a gym or an exercise class can help. Put your money in it, it’ll motivate you to go, even if it’s just so that your money won’t go to waste.
Don’t just exercise because you want to lose weight, Exercise because you want to be fit and healthy.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. Therefore, the links here might be affiliate links and sales from them may earn a small commission for us – at no extra cost to you. Since we only recommend stuff we have faith in, you’re in good hands.